Monday, February 15, 2021

Valentine's Day 2021

A Sunday Valentine's Day!

We haven't found a group up here that does activities planned independently and we weren't able to make it back to Missouri to our old group's Vday party on Friday.  I put out on all call on Facebook to friends and family, asking if anyone would like to mail the children Valentines and my beloveds delivered cards and so much more.  How blessed we are by the love of our people - some that my children haven't even met personally.  I'm so grateful for every ounce of love poured upon my children - I feel so very loved myself having you love our children beautifully and extravagantly.  Thank you all so much.

Evie: Minnie Mouse
Zayden: Marshal from Paw Patrol
Ameliya: the magic fountain from Puppy in My Pocket
Xavier: basketball court
Natalee: swimming pool

Their boxes were teeming with cards, books, stickers, activities, candy, and so much more.  They set their boxes out Saturday night and Mike and I filled them with all the Valentines we'd received.  For several weeks now, we've been getting mail that I've squirreled away to my closet shelf

The kids were up early and Mike and I laid in bed listening to their sweet exclamations from down the hall.
"Look at all these valentines!"
"Is this all for us?"
"Wow, this is amazing."
The mama heart pure on exploded with their joy.  They expected cards from Mike and I, maybe aunties/uncles, and grandparents.  This response blessed their socks off.
We spent around a half hour talking about who all the people were that sent them cards and gifts and how they were connected.  It was a lot of fun!  They also thought about all the kids who they'd sent cards to and wondered if they were having a good morning, too.
Big sissy helping little sister read her cards.
(basket of laundry in the background just keeping it real)
We had cinnamon rolls and sausage for breakfast.  She now says "cheese" when I take a pic - with all the teeth.
Mike and the big kids went to worship and little Ev and I stayed home.  It was terribly cold and her naptime to boot, so we stayed in where it was warm.
My girls.  I wanted Ev to sit snuggly between the two sisters.  She wanted to stand on the bed like a heathen.
We had a big midday meal of lasagna and the fixings and everyone enjoyed it.  This is my act of love to Mike and my children a couple of times every year because I don't really love lasagna but they all do.  
While we ate, we went around and said something we loved about the person to our left, to our right, across the table, etc, until we pretty much caught everyone.
During the day Natalee started feeling a bit crummy, which was a bummer.  She took a nap and joined us for our meal but ate decreased portions and was ready for bed pretty soon after.  She was a champ when I asked for a group picture.  I bribed the others with cake.
I worked on this pretty layered cake the day before so it would be all ready for our day of love.
If I do compliment myself, it was pretty tasty.  Ameliya doesn't like sprinkles, but has consented to the sugar sprinkles recently.
Evalynn, let Mama take a sweet picture of you.
This cherubim is the orneriest valentine around, but we all do love her so.
"horse-y, Mama"
Rosy cheeks...
lovely lashes...
dat bracelet accessory, though...
My people - they wear me out, make me crazy, and cause me to sometimes yearn for quiet and peace....but I love them ever so much.  They are beautiful little humans, growing into delightful young people.  They are light and pure and sweetness and everything that is good in this world.  I thank God for them and the man I get to do this crazy thing called love with.

No comments: