Saturday, February 12, 2011

Stuff!

I tend to be very 'stuff' oriented. 'Stuff' makes me feel secure and safe and prepared. This is a silly process I'm working through and as a result we are getting rid of some STUFF in the Beeler household.
We 'plan' on having more kids in a few years but is it really fair of me to expect all my 'stuff' to come out of totes and work like new? Wouldn't it be better to sell now and buy used or borrow later? YEP! We think so too.
And what if God's plans are different than ours? Then he'll provide us all the 'stuff' we need!
So if you're in the market for a baby swing or such...
stop on it!!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Oh my!!! I think I am good on all of your stuff!!!! Good luck!

Shonya said...

Oh Jenn, I have a whole post in my head that I'm trying to decide whether to post or not. In short, my mom's husband is dying and they sold their house and are moving closer to dr/hosp'l, etc. The obsession with stuff, the refusal to let go of it (even when dying!!!) has actually been depressing to me as I've spent the last two weekends helping them pack. It's really been an eye-opener. I pray that my life will not be about STUFF and that my hope, instead, is in Christ.

Kudos to you for refusing to let stuff keep a hold on you!! I think it's a constant struggle (and am now looking at my closet full of baby stuff that Tyrell has outgrown with new eyes).