Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Children

It sounds so funny to say my "children." I really thought it would be my "girls" but God has proven to me that He thinks I can handle way more than I think I can! And so, in case you didn't know, it's a BOY! I'm feeling nervous but getting excited, because it is MY BOY after all. Mike's still floating on cloud nine!
So, here's a little update on what my children are up to.

Baby Boy:
(sorry, I took a picture of the printed ultrasound photo...not great quality. it's 4D which is pretty cool in person and kinda creepy printed but you can see his little nose, hands up by his face, mouth, eyes, cheeks, and [once again] what looks like Mike's widow's peak hairline to me!).









Is working on growing and forming and hearing and kicking!
Proved to be our second thumb/finger sucker from the ultrasound. Welcome to the house 10 more chapped fingers!
Is still on target to arrive around July 4th!
Needs to be tough to defend himself against big sister!
Is loved by mommy, daddy, and big sister already!

My Girl:




















Is growing and growing.
Could walk if she wanted to.
Has FINALLY started doing a little talking...she quacks, oinks, says "utsat?" and will try and repeat other things you say.
Has become a mama's girl of late...not sure if she senses the approaching change or if it's just because we've spent so much time together lately.
Has a mouth full of 14 teeth at 14 months!
Has a whitty sense of humor already!
Still sucks a paci...and her fingers.
Has not had an ear infection in 2 months! Praise the Lord!!
Is an ornery, lovey joy to have!
Is developing a temper...watch out.
Will learn to love her baby brother and to be gentle around him!
Is turning into a toddler before my very eyes!

6 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

yay for little boys:) you will do just fine. any advice on boys... i know someone that has 3 of them and could maybe, just maybe help you out. i am so glad that the tubes are doing their job for miss natalee.

Shonya said...

How exciting! Little Miss Nat is sure growing--and what a QT! Had to chuckle at the 'gentle' comment. E is just 16 mo older than Kiana and 'gentle' has never been an appropriate description of him. Remember how little she was?! He wanted to LAY on her to hug her! shaking head. Good thing babies are so resilient! :)

Andrea Frederick said...

I can't believe how BIG Natalee is! She was so sweet and cuddly last night, I loved it:) Can't wait to meet Mr. X.

breanna from glimpse said...

LOL awesome!!!! it looks like he has chubby cheeks!!! oh how i love me some chubby cheeks! :) i would LOVE a boy this time, but also would LOVE a girl... just feeling more 'ok' with having a boy! :) funny how God surprises... or maybe not so funny at times! :/ i did buy bringing up boys when pregnant with lizzie cuz i was freaking out and it did help! if you'd like to borrow it, let me know. :)

Anonymous said...

That 4D ultrasound it the freakiest thing I've ever seen. He looks like a little cutie though (not surprised when you take into consideration his relation :)) And Natalee is becoming such a big girl!

Love,
Lauren

Courtney said...

Jenn- I follow your blog through my friend Lori Bish's blog. You little gal and my son Finnean are almost the same age-a couple days apart!

Baby boys are wonderful. I hope you enjoy the wonder of what is going on in that little boy brain as much as we do. it is amazing that he just knows to make vrooming noises and to crash into stuff and fall down. He is just all boy and it is so fun! I look forward to your stories!!

As for 14 teeth!! Holy cow!! We only have 8 at our house! I hear you on the ear infections...we are going on about a month and half with out one!!! Isn't it amazing how much our little ones have changed...in just a few months! They seem so big and like a kid not a baby!!

Keep blogging...:) I really enjoy reading what is going on in the life of another 14-months family!

Courtney Wagler