Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Owen and Mzee

HAPPY 300TH POST TO ME!!

We try to read stories every night. This was the first night for Natalee to read Owen & Mzee...this video is the 2nd time I read it to her this night and I got a very talkative, interactive response both times. I think it's a hit!!!



We also read Cookie's Week. It's a favorite...my folks read it to me when I was little!

*********************************

My friend, Maureen made Natalee this beautiful, intricate Noah's Ark blanket. The trunk of the elephant even comes out of the blanket! I put Elle on her tummy and she grabbed it right away and tried it out...licking, rubbing it on her cheeking, and eventually holding on to it for all she's worth!!
Here's a fuller shot of the blanket (there are also little fish down in the water beside the boat). It's sooo cute. I can't imagine the time and thought it took. Maureen is quite a gal!!

4 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

that blanket it awesome! that maureen is a special lady. and check out that smile in the last picture.

Andrea Frederick said...

funny story~annette had to come get me to help her shut off your playlist to listen to natalee. then we both leaned over her computer giggling like fools as she read her story. great post! happy 300th.....

Anonymous said...

Love it. She's so funny. Her laugh gets me down every time. lol

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

whew, can anyone else see that prominent chin dimple in this last picture? i just noticed it! and excuse the shiny face...she's all lathered up with baby aquaphor to heal her dry, chapped skin!