Monday, April 28, 2008

whew!

what a day! well, my first day at the new job was okay. a whirlwind, but the kind of whirlwind that went by quickly. blessings fell down in the form of a woman named lynnette who took me under her wing & helped me find my way. she was super patient & very kind. it was also wonderful to be greeted by the principal and hugged by Dawn Triplett first thing this morning--there is nothing better than seeing a familiar face in a new place & Dawn's hug made me feel more at home than she'll ever know. i ran into more people that i knew that i thought i would, which was nice. emily (who's job i am taking), is very organized, so feeling my way around the room wasn't difficult. i feel like i can go in tomorrow and maybe know what is going on (or what's supposed to be going on!) & do a halfway decent job. each day will bring new surprises, i'm sure, but at least i know where my resources are...resources who i'm sure i'll quickly call friends.

it was also nice to look out my classroom window to the field & see familiar maroon sweatsuits...the jh track team was over competing. i didn't stay because i have quite enough to get ready for tomorrow, but i watched out the window for awhile at some of the kids i could pick out.
i sure am feeling for those trackstars in this awful, cold weather...i went to a meet last week here in bloomfield & wore capris & a t-shirt (and was a little warm!). can't wait for the warmth to come back out & heat things up.

a big thanks to all of you who were thinking about me & silently cheering me on today...couldn't have made it without your prayers!

No comments: