Sunday, September 25, 2022

Weekly Wind Down {Time in Missouri, A Trip to the ER!, Beautiful Fall Weather} Sept 18-24

Sunday brought another thunderstorm.  I woke up to a thunder and lightning show and hail.  
I never did get back to sleep so instead made my family sheet pan pancakes for breakfast (usually it's toast on Sundays).  We went to church worship service and then skipped classes afterwards to slip down to Missouri and have lunch at Grandma and Papa Tallman's.  We were tired after a late night but it was worth it to get to see *almost* everyone (missing our college girl, Emma!).
Just a pair of wild six year olds.
We headed home late afternoon and stopped at Aldi for a "quick run through."  With as much as they've been out of lately, it's not been worth my time or fuel to make a separate drive to Aldi once a month, but I do like to run through if we are through town.  
The kids played outside while I put away groceries and warmed them leftovers for supper.

Monday, Mike was off work and we had a field trip!
What a fun day!
Natalee had swim practice Monday night.

Tuesday Natalee started with early morning therapy, and then we jumped into school.
Tuesday was a WARM day - full on summer feeling!  I put the sprinkler under the trampoline for the younger 3 kids and they loved it.
Natalee and Xavier have been riding a new bike route around a couple of blocks near the house so that's what they chose over the sprinkler.  I'm working on being braver and giving more privileges to our older children and they are working on earning those privileges.
Mike and Natalee worked on scheduling out some long term assignments.
I made crunch wraps for supper -something new for us.  They were 2 thumbs up from all 7 of us!

Wednesdays weather was cool and crisp and what I wait all year long for.
I started the morning with a walk before Mike went to work 
and then came home to help the kids make their breakfast shakes.  Evie likes the strawberry protein shake best.
Evie and I did a bit of preschool before morning time.
Perfect weather for doing morning time outside.  I sliced some cinnamon bread from the Dutch bakery (that I'd bought Monday) and everyone munched while we played states trivia and did our morning time reading.
The rest of the day was spent in school, leftover soup for lunch with Grandma's homemade bread, and then supper before we left for Awana and Youth Group.

Thursday after my walk, I worked on putting away our homemade gallon of yogurt while Mia got some baked oatmeal in the oven.
We snuggled up and did morning time outside again.
I really love this time of year.
Natalee had hippotherapy so we headed out.  The young man before her appointment challenged Zayden to a light saber battle, so Zayden took a break from school!
After we got home, the kids and I completed school and then they spent 6 1/2 hours outside drawing a magnificent chalk town.  I love when they do this.  Each time it's more elaborate.  Supper was creamy chicken and rice soup, which I thought was delicious.
goalposts made from unifix cubes...

I got up at 5:30 Friday morning and made a run to Wal-Mart before the family was up.  Breakfast was homemade protein balls.  Natalee and I had a zoom appointment and then we got our school day started.
We did have school Friday since we had taken off Monday for a field trip.  We went hard all day long.  I baked, did laundry, cleaned.  The kids did school, cleaned their rooms, and helped me as much as possible.  
Mike took the kids for a bike ride while I made supper.
Just as I was finally sitting down for the day we heard crying from the shower.  Zayden had slipped and busted his chin open.  Mike calmly assessed, we got him dry and dressed, and decided he probably needed stitches.  It seemed like the whole process took forever, but they were home actually in a couple hours.  The doctor decided on glue over stitches.
He was a tired boy when he got home but also so brave.  I laid down on the couch and put him on the floor cushion just in case he needed anything.

Saturday found us back in Missouri for the Beeler family reunion.  But first we stopped at the home of a high school friend of mine who let us glean her apple tree.  She was so generous and sent us home with lots of apples and fresh farm eggs!  Her property is lovely and her daughter looks just like her!  It was so nice to chat and catch up a little.
The kids were kind of thrilled to pick apples and use the apple picker!
Off to the reunion...
Yummy food, lots of visiting, and lots of running and playing.
Unfortunately, Zayden's chin didn't stay closed. :/  Mike had asked the doc at the ED for stitches and he was very resistant saying it would be too much trauma.  I do understand, but we also believe that children can do hard things and should when it's for their best interest.  Maybe stiches would not have held any better.  At any rate, off I went to the next door Nursing Home, where my mom works, to bum some steri strips to close him back up.  Dollar General nor the ambulance shed had any.  Thanks, NH!
Thanks, Aunt Kea, for helping pull him back together!
Mike played kick ball with the kids, and we enjoyed being outside as much as possible.
Tired little girl.....too much sunshine, not enough naps!  She "didn't want to go!"
Kea and I matched again - we also matched on yard sale day!  So thankful for our friendship.
We headed north, Kea and the girls headed south.  We both reported that our 7 and under crowd fell asleep!
When we got home, Ev had some energy to burn from that late nap, and I needed to feed the crew, so I warmed up leftovers and the kids ate outside and then played glow stick hide and seek.  Evie hides and then she whistles (which is really a call, not a whistle) and it's pretty darn adorable.
We got everyone showered and into bed to start another week!  The house got tidied some, but I sat outside and enjoyed the chatter of our children instead of working too hard.

No comments: