Thursday, June 14, 2018

Summer Preschool - Teddy Bears (Week 1)

This summer I hosted a summer learning experience for preschool age children.  I did it in our home and took 8 kids, plus my 2 preschoolers.  My big kids were enlisted as helpers.  We ran 2 hours in the morning, 2 days a week and filled those hours to the brim with learning and fun.
We had to juggle the schedule of weeks a little, because Mia got sick after our very first day but everyone was really understanding and we had such a good time!

Week 1 was Teddy Bear Week...
(May 29th & June 12th)

Zayden waiting for his new friends on the first day.
 Outdoor play was a favorite of everyone!
Working those fine motor muscles...
Making bear hunt maps...
We had to cut, paint, glue, and work hard to make our maps!
 We also made binoculars...because BEAR HUNT!
 Ready for our Bear Hunt.

Snack time gave us all opportunities to explore foods we might not otherwise try.
Sorting by color.
(There were tons of pictures of the other attendees on my secret facebook page for their families to enjoy - on my blog I mostly post my monkeys.)

No comments: