Tuesday, March 13, 2012

It's the Little Things

I couldn't decide if this was a "sensory smart" post or not so it's just getting dumped into both blogs!

Life is often all about a bunch of little things that are rolled together to make big memories.  We have some "big" things going on in our life right now but among them I have been praying about a "little" thing.  You may think it's silly but here you go:
The thought has crossed my mind many times since Natalee started therapy that a trampoline would not only benefit her but also be a great source of energy & stress relief for her....and the rest of the family might enjoy it, too!  Then I would price them and let the thought go.  Mike and I don't buy large "non-necessities" like ever so to just go buy a trampoline would not be our mode of functioning.  We had talked about and pretty much settled on budgeting part of our tax refund for a trampoline but for some reason I was still dragging my feet since the refund came.  So, I decided to just pray about it.  I've been re-reading the Duggars' books again and I find great inspiration in that they pray about every decision - big and small.  Instead of praying, "Lord if you want us to get the children a trampoline send me a sign," or something vague like that I decided to stretch myself and pray more specifically.  As soon as I did I knew that it was the reason I'd been dragging my feet...because I didn't want to "blow" that tax refund money without being sure it was a good decision.  The prayer I prayed was, "Lord, if you think a trampoline would be beneficial for our family, please show us a way to provide the children one without dipping into the tax refund."  Feeling peace, I left it at that.  I prayed that prayer on the way home from my IA shopping trip on Friday and as soon as I got home Mike left for a computer job.  He was home in a couple hours and as these are routine I didn't think much about it...but then he said, "while I was fixing that computer [someone else] called me to do some network repair on [their company] computers.  We'll have a nice little chunk of extra cash."  Feeling bubbly I shared my prayer with him, and he too saw it as a direct answer...
Since we don't believe in coincidence we can only determine that this is His way of blessing our little "extra"... the 2 extra jobs Mike did will cover the cost (with net) and the tax with maybe a little left over.  So, if you need us...we'll be in the backyard! :)

1 comment:

Shonya said...

Just a thought, if you haven't purchased one yet, we bought both of our trampolines (we wore one out) used. Much cheaper that way! :)