Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Blessing Box

This morning on Spirit FM a lady called in when they were talking about Thanksgiving traditions and said that at her house they have a box and all year long they put their blessings in it. Then on Thanksgiving they gather round, open the box, and read their blessings from the whole year.

How cool is that?

And so, I don't have a box with tiny slips of paper in it this year...maybe next year. But if I did, here's what I imagine they would say...

Natalee--of course, because she's darling, and sweet, and so totally ours!

a husband, who holds me tight, always understands, and lets me feel like I'm darn near perfect!

sisters, who know when to pick me up and when to let me lay on the couch.

a dad, who tells me it will be peeerrrfect, even when I'm not so sure it's how I planned it.

a mom, who holds my hand, and guides me through it all.

a Savior, who never judges and never turns His back.

a niece and nephew, who make me smile & make me scream, but who never cease to amaze me!

in-laws, who know when to step in and when to hold back but who are always there.

friends & co-workers, who make me laugh, make me cry, call to check on me, and recognize when I need uplifting words.

a house--lovingly cozy, humble, and ours!

Oh, this year, for sure, our box would be overflowing with blessings...there are so many more unnamed than these.

Here's hoping your box overflows today and always!

No comments: