Friday, July 3, 2009

Buccaneer Bay Indoor Water Park

We had a really good time today at Buccaneer Bay water park. We had some direction mess-ups...mostly my fault b/c I was the driver and although I thought I knew where I was going I apparently didn't. I did however give us a nice tour of the campgrounds, lake, and boating area. Who knew the water park would be on the other side of the dam than the campground? Anyhow, after seeking help from a nice fella at the information station, we finally made it!

The water park is perfect for youngsters...both of my sisters went, along with my niece and my pseudo sister, Corin and her little boy. Since pictures are worth 1000 words I'll leave it at that...I have lots but I'm only going to post the ones of my own kid since I know Andrea and Corin will probably want to make their own posts...don't want to be a show stealer! Overall we had a great time...Natalee was probably a little young. If we'd have been staying there and had a room so she could get a good nap she would have been cheerier but we made do with a sling nap (thanks again, Shonya) and she had a pretty good time! Enjoy the pictures & videos...








(I can't help but share this video...if you watch closely you can get a glimpse of all 3 kids. Natalee splashing in the beginning, Emma coming off the slide in the middle, and Lauren catching Levi at the end. He came down head first some how, poor guy! Please excuse my camera's inability to focus...I just had the little camera with me and it apparently had bad 'tude.)

mmmm, I did forget to mention that Natalee did have a little incident. If you look closely you'll notice that she had on 2 different suits throughout the day. After her little catnap, I floated with her on the lazy river for about 20 minutes. I gave her to Lauren so I could get out of my floatie and then took her to the sitting water to splash. Lauren went to use the restroom and comes barreling out and tells me she was peeing when she looked down at her arm and saw something. I'd like to have been a little fly on the wall when she realized it was poo! Turns out swim diapers aren't made for poo...not sure what else you can do...the rules were that she had to wear one. I don't think it actually floated away but the water swishes in and out...well you get the picture. Anyways, thank goodness I'd thrown in both suits and extra swim pants! We got her cleaned up--a chore that included the sacrifice of a hotel towel and lots of wipes! We also let that water in the lazy river filter good and long before we went back in! :) Sorry, Lorn Lorn!

2 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

looks like you had lots of fun. and the poo incident, it happens to the best of us:)

Corin said...

What's a trip with kids without at least one good poo incident. I mean honestly. I had so much fun thanks for letting me tag along.